Synthetic UnderQuilts – Ultralight Hammock Insulation.
Synthetic Underquilts:They fit all gathered end hammocks. We recommend they be used above 40*F, although MacEntyre and others use them down to freezing.
- MMG uses Climashield™ 2.2 APEX insulation exclusively. It is ~2.2 oz per yard, and 3/8″ to 5/8″ of loft.
- MMG UQs and Top Blankets are good to just below freezing for most people.
- The UQ layers are Differential Cut (outer layer slightly larer than inner layer). This makes it less critical how you hang the UQ.
- MMG UQs are covered with nylon on both sides.
- Full length Shamu UQs are 78″ long. 3/4 Baby Orca UQs are 52″ long. Both are about 45″ at the widest point.
- Jerry Chairs are the same size as 3/4 IX UQs.
- These underquilts fit all gathered end hammocks, including Hennessey, ENO, Speer, DIY, as well as Warbonnet and DangerBird.
- All MMG UQs have adjustable End Channels to assist you in fitting them to your hammock.
– ~12 oz, full lenghth, with breathable nylon outer covering. Visit the Molly Mac Gear Store to order this item online
– ~8.5 oz , 3/4 IX UQ with breathable nylon outer covering. Visit the Molly Mac Gear Store to order this item online
~9 oz. The 5-in-1 Jerry Chair is a 3/4 IX UQ covered on both sides, made from the same pattern as the Baby Orca. It is also a camp chair, pack cover, ground cloth and gear hammock. Visit the Molly Mac Gear Store to order this item online